Members: Urgent update from OMHA regarding the legislative requirements
under the implementation of Rowan’s Law by the Government of
BBMHA participants are required to review the issued Concussion Awareness Resources below, then submit the Rowan's Law Acknowledgement Form.
- 10 AND UNDER CONCUSSION AWARENESS RESOURCE -Click Here
- 11 TO 14 CONCUSSION AWARENESS RESOURCE - Click Here
- 15 AND OLDER CONCUSSION AWARENESS RESOURCE - Click Here
Every player, coach and bench staff must have a Rowan's Law Acknowledgement Form completed:
Download form here: Rowan's Law Acknowledgment Form
- EVERY child must have a form completed and submitted via email PRIOR to their first time on the ice. No form no ice time,
- A separate form must be completed for each player in your household.
- Form must be legible and be saved and labeled with the player's name.
- Completed forms emailed to: [email protected]
What is Rowan's Law?
Rowan Stringer was a 17-year old Ottawa varsity rugby player who died from sustaining multiple concussions resulting in a catastrophic swelling of the brain – second impact syndrome. On March 7, 2018, Ontario passed Rowan's Law (Concussion Safety), 2018 and related amendments to the Education Act.
Please EMAIL your completed Rowan's Law Acknowledgement Form to: [email protected]
For more information:
OMHA - LEADING THE WAY IN PLAYER SAFETY - By Ontario Minor Hockey Association https://www.omha.net/news_article/show/1034907