Health Canada Consumer Product Recall
: Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has revealed that the yellow paint on the Nike Bauer Supreme One50 composite stick JR-52 with UPC 440004249959 contains lead in excess of the allowable limit.
This recall involves the following junior and youth hockey stick styles distributed under the brand name "Nike Bauer" by Bauer Hockey Corp.
- Nike Bauer Supreme One90 Youth and Junior Stick (sticks, shafts, and replacement blades)
- Nike Bauer Supreme One50 Junior Stick (sticks, shafts and replacement blades)
- Nike Bauer Supreme One40 Junior Stick
- Nike Bauer Supreme One70 Junior Stick
- Nike Bauer/Bauer Supreme One75 Junior Stick (player and goalie sticks)
- Nike Bauer/Bauer Vapor XX Junior Stick (player and goalie)
- Nike Bauer Supreme LTX Junior Stick
- Nike Bauer Apollo Junior Stick
- Nike Quest Apollo Junior Blade
- Nike Bauer Vapor XVI Junior Stick
- Nike Bauer Vapor XXX Lite "Woody" Junior Stick
- Nike Bauer Supreme Accel Junior Stick
All of the recalled models were manufactured prior to 2008 except the Nike Bauer One75.
Bauer Hockey Corp. tested all 120 models of hockey sticks manufactured since 2004. Of these, 12 exceeded the allowable lead limit. Health Canada has not received any reports of incidents or illnesses related to the use of these hockey sticks.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled hockey sticks and contact Bauer Hockey Corp. for a free elite level stick.
For additional information, consumers may contact Bauer Hockey Corp. at 1-888-734-0443.